Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, I was really hoping to return to blogging before now but we have been busy. This past weekend we decided to take a quick trip to Georgia to visit Josh's grandparents. They are so good to me I think I will claim them as my own ;) They have been trying to come for a visit but health issues have prevented them from making the trip up. We thought it would be great if they could spend some time with Maggie. We had the best weekend!

We left Friday afternoon and Grammy had dinner on the table when we walked in. As soon as dinner was over, Josh and Papa went to the local football game. It was rivalry week. Josh was excited to see a close game.  They had a great time!

Saturday was filled with lots of family! Josh's aunts, uncles, and cousins came over for lunch and of course to play with Maggie. She was a little shy at first but it didn't take her long to start cheesing it up.

On Sunday we went to church. Their church is very large. I was nervous about leaving Maggie in the nursery because she has been wanting to be wherever I am these days. I was so surprised that she went right in and played without crying. I think she was excited to have some girls to play with. Our church nursery is mostly boys. Maggie also got to meet Grammy's Sunday school friends. All she wanted to do was to blow them kisses.

Here are some pictures from this weekend:
Papa caught these two footballs at one of the games earlier this year just for Maggie. She LOVED them!
Josh use to play with this bus when he was little. Of course Maggie was all about this.
 
This horse was made by Josh's Great-Grandaddy. He was amazing at carving wooden objects. Josh rode this horse all the time when he visited. Maggie had the best time with this little horse. Grammy and Papa enjoyed watching her on it too!
 
 
Here is Maggie and Papa! She just LOVED him! I have to admit I did a horrible job of taking group photos. We didn't get any with Grammy =(
 
We also made turkey cookies with oreos and Maggie thought they were a hit!
 
We had a blast with family this weekend. I wish we loved closer. It was so fun to watch Grammy and Papa love on Maggie and make memories with her. I can't wait for this baby to get here so he/she can be a part of all these wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment