Monday, July 22, 2013

A little sleep & lots of laundry

Oh my! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have tried to submit this entry. I have either been changing a diaper, feeding, playing, potty training, changing a diaper, feeding....you get my drift. We have been having tons of fun! Honestly, adjusting to two under two has been harder than I anticipated. There have been days where Maggie, Mills and I all just sat on the couch and cried until Josh got home. There have been many laughs, late nights and TONS of laundry. I never thought I would wash so many baby clothes in a week. I honestly can't keep up with it. I can usually get them washed,dried and folded but by the time they are ready to be put away someone needs me. Oh the joys! As I look at that piles of laundry and how not so perfectly clean my house is I am reminded how much God has blessed Josh and I in two short years!


Here is a quick update on those sweet blessings:
Maggie June loves her baby brother (most of the time). The first thing she asks when she wakes up is, "Where baby at?" She also decided that when he was 3 weeks old and nursing every hour that she wanted to be a big girl and use the big girl potty. I spent the whole day nursing and chasing her around the house trying to keep her from peeing on the floor because she couldn't get on the potty fast enough. I do believe I cried all day that day. We are not fully potty trained as we still have accidents every now and then but we can make it around town without any accidents! She still gets a diaper for naps and bedtime. Not bad for not even two! She is talking more and more. She has always been verbal and now she is putting sentences together. She is even making up stories. Last week she came to me and told me that "Baby bite me". When I told her that baby Mills doesn't have teeth and that did not happen she said, "Oh, ummm Daddy bite me!" When I told her that was not the case, she said "Oh, I fall down". Which was in fact the case. Silly girl!

As for Mills, he is growing so fast. The months seem to be going my faster with him than they did with Maggie. He is a happy baby. He also put himself on a schedule since birth. In fact, I can tell time without using a clock based on when he is hungry. It is pretty ridiculous.He usually sleeps a 6 hour stretch each night. He ADORES Maggie. Anytime she comes around, his face just lights up! This blesses my heart! My prayer is that Maggie and Mills are close like I am with my sister.

I was able to sneak this picture today! I am so blessed to have these two in my life.

Josh has been busy working and playing church softball and I am enjoying the last few weeks of summer break with my babies. I have made a trip to my classroom and mananged to get my furniture set up. I am trying to do a little at a time so I am not so overwhelmed when we go back. I do not want to leave them. Will you pray with me that the transition back to work will be easy and that I will have an attitude that pleases the Lord?!

No comments:

Post a Comment